What do you know about Stainless Steel Straws?
Unless you've been living under a rock, you've likely heard that many businesses, restaurants, and even communities and cities, are banning the use of single-use plastic straws. Companies like Disney estimate that this move for them will "amount to a reduction of more than 175 million straws and 13 million stirrers annually," and numerous cruise ship lines are eliminating, or pledging to ban, single-use plastics, which will definitely help reduce this top ten littered item.
But there are alternatives to single-use plastic straws if you still love to slurp up your daily smoothie or weekend margarita. Here are the top 10 facts about stainless steel straws and why you should make the switch:
- The average person uses 1.6 plastic straws per day, so replacing that with a metal straw can have an immediate impact
- Single-use plastics are some of the top littered items impacting marine life, so eliminating your daily straw habit is a simple step you can take to help reduce waste
- Stainless steel straws are 100% reusable
- Stainless steel straws are a safe, effective substitute for single-use plastics
- Most stainless steel straw suppliers include cleaning brushes designed specifically for their product
- Metal straws are totally portable, easy to stash one in the car, one in your purse, etc.
- Customizable colors let everyone in your family have their own recognizable straw...the average family of four uses over 2,000 plastic straws per year, so switching to metal straws for all is a great family project for reducing your environmental impact
- Metal straws make drinking a cold beverage even colder...perfect for smoothies, iced coffee, and other and chilled summer drinks
- Metal straws come in a variety of colors to fit your mood and lifestyle
- Metal straws are a more durable option than glass or paper straws
To view stainless steel straw bundles that also support sea life with your purchase, contact us today!